Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Any port in a storm

I have only very occasionally been in doubt as to whether my cock was in D's ass rather than her cunt, and I think I was stoned on each of those occasions. But when I know where my cock is, it is because I know where I put it rather than because I can tell where it is. Once open and slick, D's asshole is not easily distinguished in terms of sensation from her cunt. This is not because they are not different, but rather because the differences are not sensible by my cock. I can easily tell her cunt and asshole apart with my hands, and I do not think I could ever be in doubt even for a moment which was which if I had my finger up her. Moral: cocks, though sensitive instruments, are not organs of perception. There is very little that can be known through one's cock.

The distinction between sensation and perception is an important one, and hence usually ignored by philosophers. Descartes was a prime offender here, blurring the differences between sensing pain and perceiving colors, for example. Sex is not simply a matter of sensation, though it is surely at least that, for it involves another person - someone to be perceived as well as sensed. My cock senses rather than perceives, and yet I perceive who I fuck (sorry, "whom I fuck"). I suppose this is part of what is meant by saying that sex is 'in the head'. But really, sex is in the organs of perception as well as those of sensation - in the hands that feel, eyes that see, in the nose and the mouth, that taste and smell.

When I fuck, I always fuck some particular person. It may be be true that, as far as the sensations in my cock are concerned, there is nothing that I can point to as distinctive of one cunt (or ass) rather than another. But I see and feel, taste and smell, and also hear, who I fuck (sorry, "whom"). It is this perceptive aspect that makes the Biblical use of 'know' for fucking appropriate, and that denies the interchangeability of the women that I fuck. Looking at D being fucked by me is much more like looking at her being fucked by someone else than it is like looking at F being fucked by me. I have not seen D being fucked by anyone else, though, so this last claim should be regarded with some suspicion.

Assholes are, in general, tighter than cunts; their geometry is simpler. If I had to give up one orifice or the other, I would give up assholes. But no such choice is forced upon me - it has been a good while since I fucked C's ass, and A has no interest, but it is rare for me to spend any time with D without fucking her ass, and it is a regular, if not frequent, act with F as well. And there really are many times when I am indifferent between ass and cunt: any port in a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment